Race day....

So many things running through my mind all at one time. I know race day is right around the corner. Not my crossing, but the final of the 3 in the Triple Crown series. I've had a pit in my stomach all day. Excitement, pure adrenaline, everything compiled into a 19-20 minute race. At some point that pit moves into a goofy smile and I realize this is what I love, all the sets, the million 100's, 200's and 50's, the extra ocean swims, the training, getting my number marked, the race suit, the new goggles, the war paint, and the pre race ritual macadamia brittle, it's everything I take for granted at times but when it comes down to it, it's the little things that I love the most. 

It's a rather emotional time, I'm scared but so incredibly excited at the same time. Can't wait to see what the big blue has in store for me tomorrow. But now. It's time for some chill tunes and a comfy blanket and it's off to dream land until the sun rises. 

Best of luck to all the racers tomorrow. 

Happy swimming, 

Leahi 

No comments:

Post a Comment